Mori Building Co., Ltd.
Mori Building Co., Ltd. Announces Financial Results for the First Six Months of the March 2014 Fiscal Year
Mori Building Co., Ltd. has announced its results for the first six months of the March 2014 fiscal year. Please see the attached materials for details.
Highlights of the Consolidated Results for the First Six Months
・The first six months of the March 2014 fiscal year set records for the first six-month net income.
・The March 2014 fiscal year is expected to have increases in revenue and income, setting records for all of operating revenue, operating income, ordinary income, and net income.
■Summary of Consolidated Results for the First Six Months of the March 2014 Fiscal Year
- Operating revenue for the first six months was down ¥9.9 billion (-7%) year on year to ¥129.1 billion.
- The leasing business was up ¥9.0 billion (+14%) year on year to ¥73.6 billion due to the inclusion of the silent partnership Roppongi Hills Financial Corp (hereinafter referred to as a “Silent Partnership”) within the scope of consolidation in addition to good business.
- The property sales business was down ¥27.1 billion (-46%) year on year to ¥32.0 billion, due to the reactionary fall of property sales despite the favorable sales of houses.
- The facilities operation business was up ¥0.6 billion (+7%) year on year to ¥10.0 billion, due to the rise in the occupancy rate of the Grand Hyatt Tokyo.
- The overseas business was up ¥7.4 billion (+86%) to ¥16.1 billion year on year, due to the sales of part of the floors of the Shanghai World Financial Center in addition to the good performance of renting.
- Operating income was up ¥2.4 billion (+10%) year on year to ¥27.2 billion, due to increased earnings in the overseas business.
- Ordinary income was up ¥1.6 billion (+8%) year on year to ¥21.5 billion for the same reason as operating income.
- Net income for the first six months was up ¥122.2 billion (12 times higher) year on year to ¥133.2 billion, due to the inclusion of the Silent Partnership.
■Consolidated Results Forecast for the March 2014 Fiscal year
- With the good progress made against the forecast announced in June 2013, there is no change in the forecast.
The consolidated results forecasts in this announcement and the attachments are based on the information available on the day of the announcement after analysis and determinations made by the Company and include potential risks and uncertainty. For this reason, the actual results could differ due to changes in a variety of factors.
Please address inquires regarding this press release to:
Mori Building Co., Ltd. Public Relations